Guidance and support hub
Teaching and assessment is likely to be disrupted over the coming year. Where possible, plan to cover mandatory content first and encourage learners to take assessments as soon as they are ready.
Check out the 'How to adapt' section for guidance on things you can consider to support continued teaching and assessment during disruption.
Our principles to adaptation include identifying:
- where assessment can already take place remotely or be adapted by individual centres to meet their needs
- opportunities to streamline assessment to reduce burden
- where assessment evidence can be reviewed remotely through live video stream or recorded evidence.
Check out the 'Qualification specific guidance' section for more information.
Qualification specific guidance
Some practical assessments cannot be adapted. This is because we have been unable to find a way to allow learners to demonstrate the same knowledge and skills.
Check out the 'When to delay' section for more information and a list of qualifications that contain assessments that cannot be adapted.
We're also cutting the cost of working with YMCA Awards during the 2020/2021 academic year by:
- providing free qualification approvals where customers would like to deliver new programmes
- subsidising remote invigilation with our new eProctoring system for assessments booked before 31 December 2020
- removing the minimum spend requirement until 31 July 2021.