This qualification is aimed at individuals, over the age of 14, who wish to deliver healthy lifestyle messages in readily understandable ways to those who are their equal in such respects as age, education or social class.
Learners will also acquire key generic personal development and employability skills such as research skills, problem solving, confidence, communication and presentation skills, effective planning, and evaluation methods.
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
- The role of peer leaders and different leadership styles
- Key information and facts relating to health and well-being messages in subjects such as:
- Healthy weight and healthy eating,
- Physical activity,
- Body image,
- Developing confidence and self-esteem,
- Feelings and emotions,
- Recognising and dealing with bullying, drugs and substance misuse,
- Alcohol misuse,
- Relationships and sexual health,
- Smoking awareness
Skills relating to the qualification:
How to plan, deliver and evaluate a peer leadership activity using methods such as:
- Social media
- Information leaflets, wall poster, projects
- Presentations, group discussion
- Campaigns or open days.