This innovative qualification, the first of its kind in the UK active leisure sector, has been designed to address government priorities around improving the health of the nation. It does this by facilitating increased levels of physical activity in sedentary populations using a community based approach.
The qualification will appeal to learners who wish to become community activators and support members of their community adopt and maintain healthier lifestyles.
Moreover, it empowers learners to support behaviour change at an individual level in the adoption and maintenance of a more active lifestyle and signposting them to further opportunities and support.
Learners will cover:
- How to profile and establish the needs of a target community
- How to identify the opportunities for physical activity in their community
- Engaging individuals and groups in physical activity
- Coaching and supporting change
- Factors affecting health and its relation to physical activity
- Assessing an individual's suitability to participate in physical activity
- Preparing, delivering and evaluating physical activity
- Leading a physical activity session