The aim of this qualification is to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of learners to enable them to professionally prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment as a Level 2 Group Exercise instructor in the context of Exercise to Music (Freestyle).
This qualification is aimed at qualified fitness instructors and personal trainers wishing to acquire the additional knowledge and competencies required to plan and deliver safe and effective kettlebell exercises and training sessions.
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
- The history and origins of kettlebell training
- The benefits of using kettlebells
- Health and safety considerations for kettlebell training
- How to incorporate kettlebell training into resistance sessions
Skills relating to the qualification:
- How to prepare, plan and instruct kettlebell training sessions
- Effective communication skills