This qualification is suitable for learners holding a Level 2 qualification in Gym Instruction or equivalent who wish to progress to a career as a professional Personal Trainer on an employed or self-employed basis.
This qualification is mapped directly to:
The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) professional standards for a Personal Trainer
- Level of entry onto REPS: Level 3
Learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology knowledge as applicable to personal training.
- Nutrition and its application to support a client’s health and physical activity programme
- Health and wellbeing and factors that affect this
- Effective communication during client consultations to promote and encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and long term change
- Designing and planning effective Personal Training sessions for a range of clients in different environments
- Executing effective physical activity sessions for a range of clients in different environments
- Professional practice and legal requirements for Personal Training
- Business acumen for working in both an employed role and for self-employment
- Self-evaluation and professional development