This qualification is suitable for learners who wish to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a self-employed or employed personal trainer specialising in outdoor fitness and sports conditioning.
This qualification is mapped directly to:
The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) professional standards for a Personal Trainer.
- Level of entry onto REPS: Level 3
Overview of knowledge, skills and understanding
Learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology knowledge as applicable to personal training.
- Nutrition and its application to support a client’s health and physical activity programme
- Health and wellbeing and factors that affect this.
- Effective communication during client consultations to promote and encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and long term change.
- Designing and planning effective Personal Training sessions for a range of clients in different environments.
- Executing effective physical activity sessions for a range of clients in different environments
- Professional practice and legal requirements for Personal Training.
- Business acumen for working in both an employed role and for self-employment.
- Self-evaluation and professional development.
- Planning and delivering a group exercise session in an outdoor environment
- Working with clients for sports conditioning