This qualification is aimed at learners who want to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a yoga instructor. It recognises the skills, knowledge and competence required of an individual to work in an unsupervised capacity to plan, instruct and evaluate a safe and effective yoga session.
This qualification is mapped directly to:
The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) professional standards for a Core Group Exercise Instructor.
Learners will cover:
- Anatomy and Physiology required when exercise programming and design for a range of clients
- Importance of professionalism, customer service, effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of commonly occurring medically controlled diseases and health conditions
- Understanding the philosophy and fundamentals of yoga
- How to programme a yoga session
- How to instruct a yoga session.