The aim of this qualification is to develop the knowledge and skills required for learners who already work, or want to work, in a supervisory role in stewarding, spectator events, security and volunteering.
The Spectator Safety qualifications provide the required knowledge and experience to work as a steward at sports grounds, music venues, festivals, marches and any other events that require spectator safety, and fulfil the regulations and requirements for stewarding set out by the government in the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds (The Green Guide).
Learners will cover:
- Help to manage conflict.
- Contribute to the work of the team.
- Prepare for spectator events.
- Deal with accidents and emergencies.
- Control the entry, exit and movement of people at spectator events.
- Monitor spectators and deal with crowd problems and emergencies.
- Supporting the efficient use of resources as well as managing own professional development.
- Manage information for action.
- Control and detain people at a spectator event for action by the police.
- Work with others to improve customer service.