This qualification aims to assess the competence of stadium managers and safety officers. Candidates would be expected to demonstrate ability in planning for and ensuring the safety of people at an event, managing resources, and developing and implementing policies.
The Spectator Safety qualifications provide the required knowledge and experience to work as a steward in sports grounds, at music venues, festivals, marches and any other events, which require spectator safety and fulfil the regulations and requirements for stewarding set out by the government in the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds (The Green Guide).
Learners will cover:
- Manage your own resources and professional development
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Manage the use of physical resources
- Assist the organisation to develop and implement policies
- Provide information to support decision making
- Provide learning opportunities for colleagues
- Encourage innovation in own area of responsibility
- Allocate and monitor the progress and quality of work in own area of responsibility
- Facilitate meetings
- Provide advice and support for the development and implementation of quality policies
- Implement quality assurance systems
- Monitor compliance with quality systems
- Manage a project