This qualification is aimed at those preparing to embark on a career in the sport and leisure industry, or wish to practically participate in a number of activities. It is a practical, hands-on qualification, which is designed to prepare the candidate for work in a multitude of sport and leisure facilities and raise awareness of how and where to participate in sporting opportunities.
This qualification covers a very wide range of areas related to preparing to work or further learning within the sports industry. Areas covered include factors affecting participation in sport and physical activity, sports development, talent identification in sport, understanding the fundamentals of coaching programmes, and sport and society. You will study both the practical and theoretical aspects, which will give you the skills you need not only to work within the sports industry but in other related work.
Knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
- Understand risks and hazards in sport and active leisure
- Understand how to respond to accidents, incidents and emergencies in sport and leisure
- Understand the main roles of stakeholders involved in developing sport
- Understand the current issues in sport
Skills relating to the qualification:
- Be able to deliver different sport and leisure activities
- Lead sport and leisure activities for participants with disabilities
- Be able to participate in public relations activities