The aim of this qualification is to develop the knowledge and skills required for learners who already work, or want to work, in stewarding, spectator events, security and volunteering.
The Spectator Safety qualifications provide the required knowledge, skills and experience required to work as a steward in sports grounds, at music festivals and any other events that require spectator safety. The qualification fulfils the requirements for stewarding set out in the Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds (The Green Guide).
Learners will cover:
- Help to manage conflict
- Contribute to the work of the team
- Prepare for spectator events
- Deal with accidents and emergencies
- Control the entry, exit and movement of people at spectator events
- Monitor spectators and deal with crowd problems